Oerthan Arts and Sciences Championship: AS LI
Arts and Sciences Champion
Lord Camshron mac Gille Finnan
- Studio Art: Illumination
Fall Captaincy (Winter's Gate) 9/3/2016
- Domestic Arts and Sciences: Syrups
Samhain (Eskalya) 10/22/2016
- Textile: Small Item of Clothing
Yule (Selviergard) 12/3/2016
- Performing Arts: A Story of a Hero, Saint, or God
Winter Coronet (Principality) 1/21/2017
- Research Paper: Open Topic
March Madness (Eskalya) 3/11/2017
- Technological: Bone, Antler, or Wooden Combs
Spring Captaincy (Winter's Gate) 5/?/2017
The judging sheets are available her:
Oertha Arts and Sciences Evaluation Form
Oertha Arts and Sciences Performance Evaluation Form
Oertha Arts and Sciences Research Evaluation Form
Stories of Saints, Gods, and Heros
How to Write a Research Paper
Additional Contest Information
- Individuals who wish to enter an item but will not be able to make the event, may mail items
to Claire Knudsen-Latta/ 917 W. 75th Ave, Apt. 2/ Anchorage, AK 99518. Please email Mistress Cynehild at
firstname.lastname@example.org to let her know items are coming. Items will be returned by mail with
judging sheets within one week of the event.
- Contestants for the championship must enter at least four of the categories.
- Contestants may enter only one item per event (no double dipping).
- Incomplete projects may be entered, so long as the part of the project being judged is
complete. For example, if you want to enter a scroll in the calligraphy contest but the
illumination isn’t complete, you may enter it so long as the calligraphy is complete.
- At least minimal documentation is required. Minimal documentation will be considered one 3x5
card and one primary source. More documentation is suggested.
- Research papers should be between 1,500 and 2,500 words, or four to six pages, double spaced.
Papers should be submitted by email one week before the event, to allow judges sufficient time
to review the paper.
- If there are three or more entrants in a competition, the winner is the entry with the highest
score. If there are fewer than three entries, the winner is the entry with the highest score over
66% of the available points. If there is only one entry, the entry will be judged, but there will
be no competition – however, the points will count towards the Championship
- Whoever racks up the most total points wins!
- Please send any questions or concerns to email@example.com.